Friday 16 October 2015

Postcards from TomorrowWorld and more...

It is another beautiful day and  it's quite sunny outside. People in Bangalore would know how hot it is getting these days! I decided to sip some sherbat made of Rose petals as I write this post. And, I am enjoying it :)
Today, I will show some postcards that one of my colleague picked up for me from TomorrowWorld electronic music festival held in USA in the month of September this year.

 
This postcard apparently shows the tents that the visitors have set up all geared up for the festival!





And, here is the backside of each of these postcards.



I am not sure if there are TomorrowWorld fans out there on Postcrossing. If I stumble upon such profiles, I guess I will send out these cards.Anyways, here is a nice keyring that I received from my manager who had been to Seattle where our company's headquarters is located. He returned with these nice keyrings  as souvenir for our team. I thought I need to put it up on my Blog-



 Now, it is time I showed you some of the stamps that I had purchased a while ago with an intention to send them out in the mail. But, I liked them so much, I am planning to save them all for myself! hehe

 
A miniature sheet on 2nd Africa-India  Forum summit
This is a miniature sheet marking Civil aviation centenary
This stamp here I belive was released to mark the visit of Emperor and Empress of Japan. I have used these stamps on a couple of envelopes.
 
I believe I sent one of these stamps on a matching Taj Mahal postcard. This is the last one. I purchased this in one of the philately exhibition.



This beauty here was released to mark India-Mexico joint issue. Isn't it pretty?
On this blog post, I would like to thank one of the staff at my local post office. He noticed that I had been visiting the Post office quite often. I told him about my hobby and guess what? he was kind enough to give me some special covers that he had been saving over a period of time. A few of these covers have stains. I believe these are quite old. I do not care about the stains. I appreciate his kindness and thoughtfulness. Thank you :)






































The two stamps were the added bonus!



Before I end this blog post, here are a few fridge magnets (rubber ones) that will be very soon in the mail to my swap partners. I thought I will take some time to document these on my blog-


I just love the 'Turbans of India'
Thank you folk for reading through my blog :)






2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have really 1st day cover envelopes!!!! O_o
    I found the one with the Sun nice! I also have some from the Olympic Games in the basement. Thanks that you reminded me about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These envelopes are something which I have never seen before.. They are really good gundi !!

    ReplyDelete