Thursday 29 October 2015

Miniature sheets

Hello folks, I was away visiting my hometown to attend one of the famous festivals of India- vijayadashami . The festival went on well and while I was at my hometown, I thought it would be nice to capture the pictures of my small collection of mint stamps (miniature sheets mostly). So, here they are-

Miniature sheet on Snakes of India

Miniature sheet on Medicinal plants of India

Miniature sheet on Waterfalls of India

Miniature sheet on Golden Voices of yesteryears
And, I also like this stamp in particular-

Tilak Historic  Proclamation stamp
Apparently, this is a setenant stamp which is in commemoration of Bal Gangadhar Tilak's famous political refrain- Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it. Well, I do not know about the political refrains, but, I for sure love the way the stamp has been designed! 

3 comments:

  1. Namaste! :)
    Never knew that you're such a stamp collector!
    Those with the waterfalls are spectacular! O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namaste Wandervogel!

      Thank you for your comment. I used to collect stamps since I was in school. So, I can say I have quite a few stamps :)

      Delete
  2. And u never showed me your stamp collections :( .. I would love to see them :)

    ReplyDelete