Friday 9 October 2015

Look who arrived!!

People,I know I had gone missing for a while.Before I show you what landed in my mailbox in these couple of days, let me begin today's post with this -


I got this decorated lamp as a gift recently. since this isn't exactly the time for Diwali, I thought, I might as well post the image on this Blog. What say? isn't the earthen lamp beautiful?so, here we go-


This week I received 3 beautiful Postcards. One from my  dear penpal in Hungary-


I love to receive postcards that show  different doors and windows. The older, the better.She used a EUROPA stamp with an astronomy theme.The stamp shows Galileo-


Thank you for the very beautiful postcard and stamps my dear friend.

And the 2 other postcards are from my dear pen pal Wandervogel. She sent these to me while she was visiting Russia. Well, Wandervogel, the postcards have arrived safe in my hands!


This was just me trying to be a little dramatic :D ( Honestly, if you strain your eyes a little bit, you can see ISKCON temple in the backdrop. It is one of the largest ISKCON  temples in the world. More about this here )


I have always been a fan of vintage postcard and this one is just perfect! she says in the backdrop is the Moscow state university. And here is the stamp-




This postcard shows St.Sophia cathedral in Vologda. It has a stamp with picture of Mr. Svetoslav roerich .Apparently, he was a Russian artist who traveled to India and painted the picture of The Himalayas often and hence the stamp-







oh! and did I forget to mention that these postcards have the Matryoshka doll fabric sticker on them?! Thank you Wandervogel :)

See you all in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. Huhu!! I just can't go by this post ^______^

    First of all it is really interesting to know that there is a view on an ISKCON temple from your window :)

    And of course I'm happy that my cards arrived. Yep, I think there is depicted the Moscow State University on the card (I even googled it, looks very similiar :D). And a small note to the S. Roerich, because there was a real lack of space on the card :D You're right he was a painter who travelled to India ;) The whole Roerichs family (esp. his father Nicholas) is famous for their Asian expeditions. Nicholas Roerich was also a great painer whose works were inspired by the Himalayas, Buddhism and Hinduism. The family even had a villa in Ladakh (if I'm not mistaken). I'll post smth interesting about them the next week, cause I recently got a very interesting card ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wandervogel !Thank you for the comments. I forgot to mention this on my post that;While I tried to look about Mr.Svetoslav roerich after I received the stamps on postcard, I came across Wikipedia which says Roerich died in 1993 at the age of 88 and is buried in Bangalore, India! did you know about this already? also, the government has plans of converting his estate into museum. Thank you for the stamp. Else,I would never have known about him. I will look forward to reading your post on him:)

      Delete