Thursday 15 October 2015

New stamps!!

Hello! I hope you are all doing well. When I started this blog, I thought I will update my blog everyday. But honestly, a full time job and life can keep us all so busy! anyways, today I would like to show you people some of the stamps that I purchased recently so I can use them on the postcards and the envelopes I send out. Here they are-

This miniature sheet is on  Jayadeva and Geetagovinda. 


The miniature sheet contains 11 stamps in total. Jayadeva was a poet from 12th century who is known for composing an epic poem Gita Govinda which speaks about  the divine love of Lord Krishna and his consort, Radha. This poem is considered important in Hinduism. Honestly, I loved the set of stamps.

This one here is a miniature sheet from the India-Slovenia joint issue.

This one is on Swachh Bharat mission; a mission aimed at maintaining cleaner India

This set of stamps is on 100 years of Indian cinema.

well.. needless to say, these stamps are on the beautiful yesteryear actresses of Bollywood industry.

These two set of stamps are themed on 'women empowerment'

This one was released to mark the celebration of international Yoga day.



Last, but not the least, my favorite stamp that is on Samrat Ashoka. So, these are the set of stamps that I have. Hopefully these will get to visit different places soon. Now, for the postcards that I received in the past of couple of days from my pals.

My pal from Philippines tells me that this postcard is about the 'Panagbenga' festival also known as the  Blooming flowers festival. This festival occurs in Baguio .She says this festival was started in 1990's as a way to rise up from the devastation of the 1990 Luzon earthquake.

And here are the nice stamps on the postcard-

And, here is another one that arrived from my pal in Russia-


I know I know! the card has little nudity involved, nevertheless, I liked the card. And, here are the stamps-
Thank you dear Pals! I loved the postcards.Thank you folks for reading through my post. If you have any thoughts, please feel free to leave me a comment! 

4 comments:

  1. I like those Swachh Bharat and Women empowerment - stamps very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. Wat collections man.. Awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.. What collections man.. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete