Saturday 3 October 2015

The Postcard story..

Like many other members, I am happy to be a part of the Postcrossing community that is doing its bit to save the diminishing trend of sending and receiving postcards.Its only when I started this hobby, I realized how challenging it was to spot a shop selling postcards.Having said that, I would like to show you folks a couple of Postcard books that I received from one of my colleague who recently was back from her Delhi trip.


It was really very thoughtful of her. (Thank you Sneha).These postcards are just gorgeous and contain beautiful pictures of the places of archaeological importance around Fatehpur Sikri and New Delhi. In fact, these postcards have been released by the Archaeological survey of India.  I think that is super cool! and of-course, she got me a nice fortune bell wind chime.

Speaking of this, it reminds me that I also need to show you guys what came in  a couple of days back ,within this beautiful envelope from Deutschland that my  Dear pen friend sent me.




If the stamps weren't awesome already, she included a postcard book and a postcard that she picked up from one of her trips.




And below are a few pages from inside the book in case you wondered..




Thank you Katrin! I loved every bit that came in with the letter :) I am also going to try out the yummy Pumpkin recipe that  you shared and probably make a separate Blog post on that :)




Here is something I wanted to share;I buy most of my stationary from Landmark so, this time, I found some cool bookmarks with postal theme and I knew I had to pick it up!I also liked the quote on the behind-

I am planning to send these bookmarks to my pen- pals who are avid readers :)

I guess that's all for today's post.

1 comment: