Friday 13 November 2015

Handmade Postcards

Today, I was just looking at my stash of postcard  and  it occurred to me that I need to write a Blog post on handmade postcards. I like the new store bought postcards. Infact, I haven't sent a handmade postcard to anybody. But, honestly, receiving a handmade postcard makes my day!

 I think it takes in a lot of efforts, creativity and it is unique. Isn't it a nice feeling to receive a piece of art somebody far away created with all their efforts? I just love it. My  collection of handmade postcards is a small one at the moment. But, I am really amazed to see so much of creativity and I am sure my collection will grow. so, here are the ones that I have received so far.

Beautiful handmade postcard that I received from Canada
Glittery Butterflies
oh! by the way, I love Purple shades. One of my favorite colors.

And, here is the pretty stamp on  the postcard-


The Next one came to me from Germany. Since I love pretty stamps, this postcard just set me crazy-


Isn't it gorgeous? she also added a used  stamp on the backside though it was sent to me in an envelope. I think it is cool-

And of course, a nice sticker-

And, my dear penpal from Germany sent me a nice piece of art made out of pressed flower. I love it! so many techniques to learn. I always wanted to try pressed flower art.


So, these are all the  beautiful handmade Postcards that I have received so far.

 By the way, I once tried making a postcard using collage technique.Nothing fancy, it had a lot of imperfections. However, I guess this is more of my style of creating postcards and I like it.


That's all for today. Thank you for reading! Do you have any opinion about receiving handmade postcards? please feel free to comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Namaste !

    Haven't been for a long time on blogspot.
    I love these stamp cards! I have even sorted out some stamps that I have more than once to create such cards ^______^
    And your collage is just gorgeous! Is really with taste and stylish, I'd be happy to get one like yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste Wandervogel!

    Thank you for your comment and appreciating my handmade postcard :) I would love to see your postcard with the stamp art once done!

    ReplyDelete